The role of the Women’s Programme Manager is to lead the delivery of a portfolio of new projects linked to the commercial investment within the ongoing implementation of the Global Women in Rugby Plan 2017-2025.
Management of portfolio of women’s rugby projects demonstrating excellence in project management
- Establish project initiation documentation for assigned projects which outline clear scope and expectations for deliverables.
- Establish an appropriate governance and stakeholder communication plan for each project.
- Ensure detailed planning, milestone identification, reporting and evaluation on all projects.
- Oversee budgeting and financial reporting on the project portfolio.
Management of the Youth Unstoppable project
- Establish the youth ambassador project with key milestones for delivery linked to commercial partner rights and desired outcomes for women in rugby.
- Maintain regular liaison with the commercial and marketing departments on the Youth Unstoppable programme implementation.
- Act as key contact between World Rugby, regional associations, unions and the Youth Unstoppables including overseeing selection and contracting.
- Develop plans and oversee all events and activations involving the Youth Unstoppables including but not restricted to :
- the annual UN Day of the Girl Child
- any appearances required at RWC21 and other public relation events involving the youth Unstoppables whilst in NZ.
- Work with the Commercial team to ensure alignment to the commercial sponsor agreement.
- Work with the Digital and Content team on the delivery of the digital and communication plan for the Youth Programme.
Project management and oversight of the Women in Rugby International Summit in 2022
- Ensure delivery of a global best practice programme involving keynote speakers and panels.
- Provide leadership on operational logistics for the forum in New Zealand inclusive of planning, budget oversight and evaluation.
- Ensure appropriate global representation via targeted invites for participants.
- Key liaison between all the presenters, the commercial department to address sponsorship rights and the NZ Rugby Legacy Programme NZ involvement in the forum
- Ensure high quality celebration of women in rugby dinner linked to the Summit.
Development and management of the Players Career Support Project
- Oversee the development and planning and rollout of the Players Career Support Project.
- Undertake a review of other IF approaches to address player support and transition.
- Provide effective ongoing communication with internal World Rugby stakeholders as well as key women leads within target, unions and regions.
- Act as a regular liaison with Communication and Marketing teams to ensure commercial expectations are met.
Pinnacle Event Legacy programme and activities
- Provide event and logistics support for Captain’s Breakfast at RWC2021.
- Support Legacy and Leverage activities in conjunction with New Zealand Rugby
- Provide project support for the Coaching Internship Programme in New Zealand.
- Provide key administration support for World Rugby involvement in Trophy Tour in Oceania and NZ.
- Provide reports as required on progress made against the programme legacy initiatives.
Domestic competitions review project
- Establish an advisory group to oversee the domestic competitions review project.
- Confirm the scope of the review.
- Manage the data collection in line with best practice methods.
- Develop report with key recommendations for distribution to unions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Third level or other relevant qualification.
- Solid track record in project and/or programme management ideally in sports industry
- Rugby development, knowledge and expertise is a plus
- Ability to advise on organisational development matters
- Facilitation, strategic planning skills and knowledge of governance models
- Proven budget management experience
- Proven track record of managing multiple stakeholders in different geographies.
- Strong ERP system knowledge e.g. SAP, Oracle and Advanced Excel.
- Fluent in English with a second language (French or Spanish) advantageous
- Time management
- Project management
- Budget management
KEY SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Good team player
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment