I'm currently working with on of the leading Design Directors in Dublin who is looking for a Visual/UI Designer to join his team.
You will lead on visual design assignments and positively impact the overall user experience by following a user-centered design process. You will partner with UX Designers, the Marketing/Brand Team, other UI Designers, Web Developers, Content Writers and the Director of UX to understand and translate wireframes and concepts into easy-to-use and aesthetically beautiful solutions.
You will be part of the design systems team but embedded within a product team. You will be responsible not only for the creation of new UI designs, but also for the creation of and maintenance of a custom set of icons/illustrations which will be used extensively throughout the application.
- Design visually stunning, cutting-edge user interfaces, animations and interactions for components, websites, portals and applications.
- Produce visual assets needed by the development team.
- Produce and manage branded assets including icons and illustrations to be re-used across our estate.
- In partnership with user experience designers to design concepts representing information architecture, navigational components and page layouts.
- Research and communicate trends and best practices related to visual design, data visualization and branding.
- Develop design standards or guidelines and other documentation to assist the team, including the production of assets for websites and applications (mobile and web).
- Minimum 4 years of experience designing user interfaces for the web following user-centered design principles.
- A proven track record of delivering user-centric solutions, including a portfolio of past projects and designs.
- Ability to adapt user-centered and visual designs to stakeholder requirements and technical constraints.
- Previous experience in designing iconography and illustrations for digital products.
- Expert knowledge in using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A good practice of selling ideas with good negotiation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and internal clients.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- High level of customer focus.
The successful designer will work alongside a UX designer as part of an embedded team. In addition to UI design, the creation of a custom icon set for the application is critical. A designer familiar with iconography and the creation of the same is essential. Success factors of this project include:
- Creation of custom icon set, workflows, UI patterns, beautified data visualizations (charts, graphs etc..) and component designs
- Creation of modern look and feel Clinical UI design wireframes (in partnership with the UX designer).