Trust & Safety Support Manager
Mason Alexander has partnered with Strava in their search for a Trust & Safety Support Manager to join their Community Management team, which is responsible for handling inquiries and feedback from Strava members.
This position will work closely with the Community Management leadership team, Legal Counsel, and the Data Protection Officer, to build and enforce policy around sensitive topics facing the Strava community.
- Manage a team of 2+, which will assist you in enforcing policy and moderating content
- Respond to member inquiries regarding trust and safety as well as providing general assistance with site functionality and application troubleshooting.
- Produce a consistent number of high quality responses to our members on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoot site issues, create bug reports, track updates and communicate results to the team.
- Build business cases and advocate for product and process improvements based on user feedback. This might include agent or member facing tools, new features, closing loopholes, mitigating risk, and improving business processes.
- De-escalate sensitive safety situations and/or situations where community standards aren’t upheld with empathy and action-oriented support.
- Identify areas in our policies that need more clarity, and collaborate with others to improve our product, or position on an issue.
- Develop customer-centric insights that will inform policy and product decisions, with an eye toward proactive, scalable, preventative solutions.
- Optimize cross-functional workflow to streamline policy enforcement and management
- Effectively resolve policy violations between athletes that are escalated to you by remote agents or other reps.
- Work with the members of the community team to advocate for users in each market for their safety, customer support and other community needs.
The ideal candidate:
You are extremely organized and have the ability to stay focused and remain cautious, while working quickly, and independently, whether it’s working remotely or in our office.
Other requirements include:
- You have at least 2 years of experience managing a team of 2+
- You have experience collaborating with legal teams
- Background in advocacy, crisis response, dispute mitigation, or emergency response management
- Idea-driven, confident and articulate
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations
- Passion for dispute resolution and a drive for results
- Strong critical and contextual thinking skills with a bias toward action in ambiguous situations
- Comfortable with viewing objectionable content and discussing difficult subjects clearly and calmly
For more information on this Trust & Safety vacancy, contact Eoin Connolly on firstname.lastname@example.org.