Applications are currently being invited for the role of Treasury Accountant to join our Strategy & Planning Team. Reporting to Financial Reporting Team Lead the successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing and ensuring accuracy of all Treasury Accounting (FX, Fuel, hedging, CAPEX hedging, effectiveness etc.) within Aer Lingus. This role will liaise with both the front and back office Treasury functions and work closely with them to ensure all related treasury instruments are being accounted and recorded correctly, while providing technical guidance where required. The treasury accountant will also provide technical guidance on any new treasury related products/hedging and present as part of Finance Committee
- Responsible for treasury reporting and disclosures as part of quarterly group reporting to IAG and related CFO reviews ensuring accurate disclosures as part of regulated quarterly results.
- Take lead responsibility for technical accounting guidance to other areas of finance and treasury regarding accounting treatment of treasury transactions ensuring compliance with accounting policies and relevant accounting standards and assist business/finance in understanding reporting/accounting impact of business decisions.
- Prepare technical accounting memos for any judgemental accounting topics as occur and present to Finance Committee for approval.
- Provide Treasury related disclosures and narratives for annual financial statements, ensuring accurate and compliant disclosures within the audited financial statements.
- Review a number of P&L/Balance sheet accounts as prepared by Treasury Back Office, ensuring accuracy of reporting.
· Responsible directly for a number of cost lines (including non-operating costs) and the related recording, consolidating and reporting all internal management and external financial information relating to the relevant costs, and associated balance sheet values, and ensuring compliance with all internal management and external policies and regulations including monthly management reporting, International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”), national statistics office information requirements and any other informational reporting requirements which Aer Lingus is required to provide to internal and external stakeholders.
· Support the financial reporting team in the implementation and monitoring of relevant aspects of the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (“ICFR”) framework and ensuring the treasury processes and related controls are up to date and fit for purpose.
· Ensure financial integrity of forecasts (budgets, re-forecasts) relating to relevant costs and proper recording in financial systems
· Address ad-hoc queries which may arise from time to time from external and internal auditors, business partnering team and regulatory authorities.
To be considered for the role of Treasury Accountant, candidates must meet the following:
Your qualifications & key criteria:
- Qualified accountant, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosure, including Companies Act and IFRS
- A strong interest in, and aptitude for, management and financial reporting
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software applications combined with general proficiency in IT systems
- Proven ability to systematically gather, test, review, monitor, analyse and report on management information
- Practical approach to solving problems
- Strong commercial focus, combined with drive and determination
- Focused attitude to work, with the ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring excellent attention to detail & high levels of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include proven report writing & presentation skills
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Inquisitive, outgoing, tenacious and comfortable challenging the “status quo”
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of an integrated team
- Strong analytical skills
- Deep understanding of the business and interaction business – financial reporting and accounting
- Very high integrity standards
- Drive for continuous improvement in area of responsibility
- Capability to simplify financial issues so as to be understandable for non-financial management
- Drive and determination to deliver outstanding results
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Eligible to live and work in the EU
- Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
- Provide 3 verifiable references
- Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5-year background check* (or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in)
*If you are a non-Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries