Role: Transformation Manager
Location: Dublin, currently remote and will remain remote/hybrid.
Reporting to: Head of Transformation
Salary: Competitive with above average benefits.
Joining a newly established strategy and transformation team, you will be tasked with delivering business change transformation programmes throughout the organisation. We are looking for problem solvers, people who enjoy influencing, change management and who are strategically focused. Ideally people who have a management consultant background or looking to leave consulting for an opportunity in industry.
Reporting to the Head of Transformation, the team will deliver in three core areas. Operating model transformation, Team Performance Excellence and Process Excellence Transformation. You will have a genuine opportunity to deliver lasting change that will significantly impact an iconic brand, you will also have the opportunity to delivery this transformation from inception to benefit realisation.
Responsibilities across the team:
- Work closely with business stakeholders to deliver transformation priorities.
- Develop / rebalance and implement best-in-class operating models (people, processes, technology)
- Build excellent customer experience as a key driver in operating model design and embed continuous improvement in the newly designed Target Operating Model elements.
- Work with individual business teams and management to gain insight into each business area, developing practical solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness based on team specific needs.
- Deliver training, coaching and other interventions to embed new ways of working and behaviours within target teams. Work with business team leaders and managers, in a coaching capacity, to develop and sustain the desired organisational behaviours.
- Work with functional subject matter experts to understand “As Is” processes, supporting technology, pain points and opportunities. Analyse the current state to facilitate improvement activity.
- Capture business requirements / user stories where required.
- Investigate business problems and opportunities by identifying, aggregating and analysing data, producing recommendations to inform decision making.
- Mentor and manage team members, transferring skills to empower champions and foster a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
- Work with different functions on defining and implementing performance indicators and service-level agreements with internal customers and provide management information.
Third level degree in a business or related discipline with 5+ years recent, relevant experience.
Management consultancy experience and demonstrable success establishing and implementing business change projects is essential.
Experience in the delivery of Lean / Agile methodology is a distinct advantage.
You will have a professional qualification in Project Management, Lean (Green Belt / Black Belt Level) and / or Agile
Excellent analytical skills and the ability to turn data into useful and actionable insights is critical. Ability to communicate effectively, presenting complex details, concepts and information at the appropriate level relative to the audience will also be key.