The position offers a unique opportunity for an energetic and enthusiastic, high calibre experienced investment professional with an understanding of entrepreneurship and investing to join a leading VC investment team. The candidate must have the ability to work off their own initiative, as well as being flexible and energetic with an outgoing personality and capable of working as part of a team.
Responsibilities will include researching and evaluating early stage investments and markets, help in due diligence, attending networking events, completing investment transactions and actively supporting portfolio companies.
Duties will include:
- Identify strong investment opportunities at conferences, universities, and networking events.
- Assess suitability of companies for investment through market research, competitor analysis and analysis of company business plans.
- Meet companies to evaluate their products, markets, competitors, financials and team.
- Assist with shareholders’ agreements, cap tables and term sheets.
- Prepare Investment Memorandums and Term Sheets
- Building financial models of proposed investments
- Assisting in detailed financial, commercial and technical due diligence.
- Articulate the attractiveness of investment opportunities.
- Report on emerging business and investment trends in the key sectors.
- Work with portfolio companies adding value and helping them scale to commercial success.
- 2 years investment experience, preferably in a venture fund
- Familiarity with venture capital financing structures and practices.
- Excellent networker with ability to identify investment opportunities and generate deal flow
- High degree of self-motivation, tenacity to succeed
- Be a self-starter and a good team player.