I'm working with a Fintech company in Dublin who are looking for a technical writer with a background in the software industry and experience of writing manuals of varying degrees of complexity for multiple end-users.
This role is majority remote based.
The successful applicant will be an important member of the product management team, reporting to the Head of Product and actively collaborating with Product Managers, engineering leads and the design team. They will own creation and maintenance of product documentation for releases and will contribute to product strategy in relation to knowledge management for product users.
- BA/BS in a STEM Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Minimum of 4-5+ years in Technical Writing for a software company
- Familiarity with SaaS products is an advantage
- Experience producing release notes and technical notes
- Experience of managing internal and external documentation for mature software products
What we are looking for
- Good knowledge of the software development lifecycle with some understanding of the AGILE method
- Excellent aptitude for learning new concepts and software applications
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to gather information from the relevant subject matter experts
- Excellent written skills for creating high quality documentation
- Documentation is produced for end-users with varying degrees of technical knowledge – therefore the Tech Writer needs to identify audience and adapt writing style appropriately
- Participate in assessing newer methods of documentation to suit the material and/or audience.
- Good communication skills to liaise with various departments and colleagues efficiently
- Personal Initiative to create best solutions
- Attitude to take responsibility for own tasks
- Good Team Worker
- Excellent Customer Service Orientation
Technical/ Professional Skills
- Experience with the research, design and development of user guides, installation guides, API guides and other system-related documentation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Atlassian Confluence
- Experience in Robohelp or similar single-source documentation software
- Familiarity with relational database concepts
- Knowledge or experience of technical writing for business-to-business software/SaaS would be advantageous
- Knowledge or experience of mapping user journeys would be advantageous