If you enjoy working as part of a hardworking, dynamic, innovation focused team working with ground-breaking technologies in an exciting business domain, we have the perfect opportunity for you within the Digital Platforms Chapter in Workplace Investing!
Our Workplace Investing (WI) Digital Platforms Technology team designs, develops, implements and supports WI’s suite of web & mobile products and services. The Digital Platforms team focuses on delivering creative solutions that meet the needs of our customers. Our systems professionals thrive with an unrelenting dedication to innovation, which breeds a culture of continuous improvement and significant achievement. This is a dynamic group that is using ground-breaking technologies to create powerful tools and a best-in-class user experience for our customers using Java-based technologies.
Our goal within Digital Platforms is to create a user experience that delights our customers, anticipates their needs and matches services or solutions to support effective decision making.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of systems analysis & IT industry experience, with a focus in financial services applications
- You have experience running requirement gathering meetings, communicating complex business needs into clear meaningful systems requirements
- You have experience researching and evaluating alternative solutions
The Skills You Bring
- Be able to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to understand technical concepts and be able to convey to partners.
- Analyse requirements, processes and pursue business problems; Work through ambiguous situations.
- Possess a deep knowledge of agile methodology.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills, with customers & technical team members.
- Have an ability to work effectively in a global team distributed across geographic locations.
- Have a strong working knowledge of Jira.
The Value You Deliver
- You will lead research into business and system requirements independently, as part of a team and with the wider team to make discernment and recommendations for future iterations.
- Work on translating business requirements into effective user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Take ownership for backlog grooming and refinement.
- You will work closely with the development team to run grooming sessions and ensure they have a deep understanding of what our business partners need.