A customer of mine, global online retail company is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer. The company is currently facing many exciting scaling challenges and building a robust platform where your expertise can be applied to areas such as billing, payments, subscription services, security etc.
- Lead and contribute to development and design of of the core payments system.
- Be writing code day to day,
- Shipping to production regularly.
- Owning what you create, you design and build the product you will support the product.
- Responsible for delivering to production.
- Mentor team members and be mentored, sharing the knowledge is the key
- 3+ years experience working in systems handling high volume financial transactions.
- Work on payments systems to process high volume transactions with low latency.
- Core payments: Integrating with third party payment processors like Stripe, Ayden etc.
- Understanding fund flows. How does money move after a card is used?
- Knowledge of chargebacks and how they work.
- Will be able to build software end to end, whether its frontend, backend or the glue that holds it all together. Whatever is required to solve the problem. You possibly specialise in one thing and know many things well.
- Will pair and mob program. Collaboration and communication is key, and it's not just with other engineers,it's with product managers, user experience and leadership.
- Will have the ability to look at the problem first and the solution last. They spend a lot of time trying to understand what needs to be done.
- Will have knowledge and skills on cloud computing and microservices.
- Will handle Infrastructure as code, contributing to making the infrastructure fully automated, simple, reliable, and easy to operate.
- Knowledge of PHP is a bonus for interacting with legacy code base. In particular for contributing changes to integrate new systems into the existing code base
- AWS, Kubernetes, knowing either is a plus but not a requirement.
- A supportive, learning environment where we invest in you and your career.
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision and a pension contribution.
- Annual Learning and Development budget
- Flexible Personal Time off
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks, while working from home we provide a weekly allowance for food.