MA Tech are recruiting for a Site Reliability Engineer for a fantastic opportunity based in Galway. This role requires a deep understanding of application and infrastructure support with familiarity of supporting cloud computing environments.
If you’re a self-starter who is passionate about the technology and you are eager to improve its reliability through developing platform improvements, this could be just the role for you.
You will part of a globally distributed team of support engineers (Ireland, India and US based), operating a follow-the-sun support model. Working Hours: Standard 40 with once monthly weekend on-call responsibility. The company offer flexible WFH options post covid.
- Third Level Qualification in IT or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in system and application support related roles
- Strong incident management
- Resolution and problem-solving skills
- Experience of supporting both large multi-server distributed UNIX/LINUX environments and AWS based cloud applications
- Application Software Development experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Customer incident triaging: including ownership, communication and eventual resolution
- AWS Sysadmin and monitoring solutions or other cloud operator support
- Experience with shell scripts and/or PERL/Python scripting
- Linux Sysadmin
- SQL experience
- Network topology understanding
- Knowledge of working in an Agile Environment
- Knowledge of application development and release cycles (DEV/QA/UAT/PROD) including pipelines
- Java/JS/Typescript Programming Language Experience
- Awareness of both current and new technologies
- Strong desire to dig deep to identify and find resolutions to problems in a timely manner
- Knowledge of collaboration tools such as Confluence/JIRA