A key customer of mine and a well known fintech company based in Dublin City Center is looking to hire Senior Python Engineer to join and work on their constantly evolving technological platform. You woud get a chance to work with latest technologies, having a say in architectural decisions as well as mentoring other more junior developers.
- Develop software, automated tests, documentation, and related processes to meet and exceed the requirements of stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders to establish, refine, and document application functional and non-functional requirements for new and existing solutions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with delivery managers, product owners, QA, and other engineers to achieve high quality solutions.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Contribute to shaping overall systems strategy and development process.
- Support leadership in mentoring more junior software developers in engineering best practices.
- Effectively communicate with management.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation and agile development best practices.
- Extensive experience in Python development.
- Experience with Flask, uWSGI.
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL-based database technologies.
- Solid Linux and scripting background.
- Passion for automation, testing (incl. performance analysis) and choosing the best tool for the job.
- Strong problem-solving mentality. The ability to collaborate with different teams on solutions for a variety of different business, code & data-related issues.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and GOCD.
- Experience of using Ansible (or similar configuration management tools).
- Experience using container orchestration tools such as Rancher, Docker Compose or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Prior experience in working in the Financial Services/Insurance industry is a plus.
- Prior experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
The client offers remote interviews and remote onboarding.
If you are interested in hearing more, please reach out to me on email@example.com or +353876666011. Client is highly engaged to hire and will move fast as timelines have been agreed in advanced.