You will design and implement critical path services and develop client code.You will lead technical direction and standards with fellow senior engineers and contribute to their product vision. You will also contribute to their architectural roadmap and help guide their customers plans for the future.
The Python services are built on top of Kubernetes, Cassandra DB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka and typically deployed to their own on premises hardware using Ansible, Puppet or git workflows. Knowledge of some of these technologies would be a huge plus.
- 7+ years relevant work experience, including in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Love to code. Excellent Python knowledge
- Excellent distributed systems expertise
- A strong ability and desire to influence the overall direction and outcomes of your team
- A proven ability to analyze requirements and make corresponding design decisions
- Experience with at least one major database MySQL, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc.
- A strong background with open source and Linux environments
- Delegate, coach and mentor other team members
- Experience working at scale - hundreds or thousands of servers