Our client, the world’s leading digital mental health company is seeking to hire a Senior Legal Counsel to join its ever expanding team.
- Translate the business needs of our internal teams, customer and partners into the appropriate contracting body and contract vehicle and enabling their desired business/organisational objective(s) while protecting the company’s IP and mitigating legal risk.
- Manage contracts and customers/partners to ensure there is sufficient contractual documentation in place.
- Develop and draft contracts and amendments in line with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and business requirements.
- Review customer tender documents for commercial conditions, legal requirements, quality parameters and financial issues.
- Work with senior stakeholders both within the wider Group and global contracting/legal affairs function.
- Advise on legal issues affecting the business, including issues related to contract and employment law and legal review of company policies, agreements, and similar documents.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams – including Commercial, Finance, Revenue Operations, People, Clinical Operations, Product and Compliance (DPO & IS team) – building and maintaining strong relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Track and review key metrics to ensure success through the business contracting cycle.
- Undertake research and analysis of legal issues. Evaluate necessity for external legal advice and manage external counsel on complex or high-value legal issues.
- Point of contact for all company secretarial related activity – registry services, legal advisors and auditors.
- Monitor compliance obligations, including compliance with industry regulations, competition, anti- bribery and data protection law, customer due diligence and international trade sanctions regimes.
- Keep up to date on legal developments affecting the business and provide training to the business on legal issues.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s offerings.
- Engage all levels of the business as a legal subject matter expert as well as an influencer towards
- organisational needs and interests.
- Energetically contribute towards innovation and continuous improvement.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues and where appropriate develop local teams either
- within or outside the organisation.
- Irish or UK based lawyer with minimum 6 years PQE, with that experience being gained in an international business and/or a highly regarded law firm; in-house experience preferred but may not be required for the right candidate.
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks in a highly regulated environment – data privacy, security, and delivery, particularly in the digital health sector, medical devices and all levels of the healthcare IT.
- A hunger to execute and deliver optimal results for the business, as well as flourish in a dynamic, high- growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Confidence and comfort in ambiguous situations and analysis.
- Strong commercial and legal mindset, with an ability to identify important contractual issues and
- explain them succinctly and in a commercial manner to non-lawyers.
- The ability to effectively influence and advise at all levels of an organisation.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and develop others.
- Organised and detailed oriented.
- Ability to independently research legal and commercial issues and make decisions based on accurate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail.
- Ability to grasp commercial models, related pricing processes, systems and controls.
- The skills to manage multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in Office software, contract management tools
For more information on this Legal Counsel role, please contact Michael Minogue at firstname.lastname@example.org or call0873824538.