We are currently seeking a to work on Asset Management’s Advanced Data Analytics Technology Team.
The role is ideal for someone with an enterprise development background, with strong technology, coding and data skills, looking to operate in a less constrained environment, as part of an accelerated development team.
The role would suit a skilled technologist with strong design, collaboration and influencing skills.
The requirement is for a candidate with strong Java skills. This role will be primarily focused on processing and generating Analytics from structured and unstructured datasets with the potential for parallel processing in the cloud.
The ideal candidate with have a strong technology background with a demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, a go-getter with a proven ability to work with data, and ideally a solid understanding and experience of the investment management business.
The We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required.
- 5+ years’ experience of enterprise development and a desire to work on a fast-paced development team with the experience of handling multiple tracks of work concurrently.
- Strong background with object orientated programming in Java
- Knowledge in RDBMS and SQL skills
- Strong Problem-solving skills and handling of on call responsibilities
The You Bring
- You have strong experience in Object Oriented Programming in Java
- You are familiar with taking software through its lifecycle, familiar with Agile, using CI/CD from concept to build to deployment using tools like Git/Stash, Jenkins, etc
- Ability to work with project teams located in multiple geographic locations
So you have the basic skills we are looking for – here are some of the additional skills that will differentiate you and make you the ideal candidate:
- Knowledge in Web Scraping, extracting text from HTML, PDF, Word, etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing concepts (AWS) and working experience with deploying and managing applications in the Cloud using CI/CD tools – Git, Stash, etc. would be a plus
- Knowledge in RDBMS, SQL, skills, ODBC, and ODP.Net
- Knowledge of cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Knowledge working with Python and R libraries
- Knowledge in Lucid Works, Elastic, and / or Lucene
- Knowledge in Apache SOLR features
- Your proven hands-on experience in developing applications utilizing MVC
The You Deliver
- The Vision of this team is to build a best-in-class platform for alternative data and the Mission is to provide the Right Data to the Right People at the Right Time with the Right Quality and Right Coverage.
- Work independently on delivering complex technical features
- Communicate effectively in a team-oriented environment
- You demonstrate a positive, collaborative attitude while delivering individually