A core partner of ours in the fintech sector is looking for a Senior Automation Engineer to join their fast-paced software team working on challenging new product features and prototypes based in South Dublin
You will work on innovative new products and prototypes, helping to progress concepts into features and services and helping us continue to exceed expectations and deliver high quality, market-leading software products.
- Work as a technical Senior Automation Engineer to develop and execute test cases for both new product features and customer projects.
- Contribute to full SDLC from ideas and design phase right through to implementation, release and deployment.
- Design new test cases for use in automation as well as the ability to automate legacy tests
- Some execution of manual and ad-hoc tests.
- Focus on quality, efficiency and best practices. Share and support great ideas.
- Constantly improve, contribute to (and learn from) our knowledge base.
- Ensure QA processes and procedures are documented, understood and followed.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
• Strong automation experience.
• Experience with BDD frameworks (Jasmine, Cucumber).
• Some experience with automated CI/CD pipeline technologies (AWS, Azure, Bamboo, Docker)
- Load testing tools (JMeter or others).
- Solid understanding of handling asynchronous behavior in JS.
- Ability to read Java code.
- Experience testing Web Services: RESTful, SOAP.
- Working knowledge of Application/Web Servers (JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat).
- Working knowledge of Database Servers (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle and DB2).
- Excellent technical skills.
- Able to design a test scope of product feature based on requirements.
- Hands on work ethic – take responsibility, show initiative, get things done.
- Collaborative person.
- Strong communication skills to liaise with various departments and colleagues efficiently.
- Excellent Customer Service Orientation.
- You should have 5+ years’ experience as a QA Engineer, with strong experience testing web apps.
- Strong automation experience
- Familiarity with modern software development processes, experience working in an iterative agile development environment.