Mason Alexander are exclusively recruiting a QA Engineer to join a leading communications company based in the heart of Dublin city. In this role, you will be involved in a fast paced environment testing across a range of web, mobile & backend technologies, while looking to grow your knowledge on automation, testing tools, processes and test techniques.
You will join the global, multi-functional Technology Team and will be instrumental in the full software development life-cycle. This includes, but is not limited to, writing automated tests, manual testing, post-release tests and generally improving the QA processes and tooling used by the company..
- You will drive a quality ethos to a high standard across the Software Delivery Life Cycle through your interactions with various individual contributors, teams, departments and related organizations.
- You will be involved in all our software deliveries : Backend, Front end & Mobile apps.
- Improve the quality and coverage of our automated test suites for our applications, using the Robot Framework
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Maintain and execute test cases and/or regression test suites, manual and automated, in support of our daily deployment
- Help testing our software at the various phases of the development life cycle, including post release tests
- Production Support and patch/hot-fix management: creating and executing tests to validate issues and fixes
- Bug reporting and issue tracking to resolution: reporting, updating and tracking issues through to resolution using Jira. Bugs are documented in a manner that ensures that all stakeholders are in a position to reproduce the bug, if required
- Reporting: communicating test results and findings (test sessions, including bugs and producing some training documentation, where this improves knowledge transfer). This data may need to be communicated verbally and/or in written format, in a clear and concise way
- Audit/Test current products and identify deficiencies and opportunities
- Working with the overall development team, including Product & UX to define opportunities to improve our web portals and mobile applications
- Improve the QA processes used by our various software teams
- BSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related areas.
- Professional certification, such as ISTQB, Six Sigma, Quality Engineer, or Quality Auditor
- Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
- Experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and others
- Strong knowledge of testing some or all of the following: web based applications as well as mobile and backend API
- Familiar with tools such as: JIRA, BitBucket (Pipeline), TestRail, Postman
- Ability to write Technical documentation
- Strong understanding of the full SDLC
- Experience with writing SQL queries
- Some knowledge of CI/CD tooling and processes an advantage
- Knowledge / awareness of the security aspects of software is important
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please contact me Ian Donnelly on email@example.com or apply below: