The Programme Manager is responsible for the delivery of major change programmes, from initiation to closure, to meet defined business and technical objectives within agreed time, cost and quality standards. You must champion transformation, be customer obsessed and be able to manage risk in a highly complex and regulated environment.
This is a senior role with leadership accountability, you will have regular communication to the executive and must be comfortable communicating at the highest levels of business. This is opportunity to play a part in a newly established change function, driving the delivery of projects across the change portfolio and having lasting impact on an iconic brand.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate programme governance structure and effective communication processes
- Ensure an appropriate programme management framework is in place, setting out the reporting, control and escalation mechanisms
- Manage programme issues, risks, dependencies and change control within agreed processes to ensure delivery of programme results within the agreed programme scope
- Manage the programme budget on behalf of the Executive Sponsor, monitoring and reporting the costs against the delivered and realised benefits
- Programme Initiation, confirm the scope of a proposed programme, and clearly define the objectives of the programme
- Ensure the required allocation of resources, skills and expertise is secured from Change Delivery Services for the programme (and its constituent work streams or projects)
- Ensure estimates are robust and in line with industry standards
- Plan the programme and monitor its overall progress, resolving issues, initiating corrective action as appropriate and referring major issues upwards to the Change Delivery Manager as necessary
- Co-ordinate and foster teamwork within the programme
- Manage the knowledge and skills transfer within the programme
- Manage the operational activities of vendors, where appropriate i.e. providing guidance, checking invoices, internal cross charging and confirming / signing-off deliverables
- Ensure programme delivery is coherent with the overall programme objectives and related business strategy
- Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between constituent projects and work streams
- Establish an effective relationship with relevant partners to coordinate delivery of the technical solution(s)
- Manage programme deliverables and ensure that all programme deliverables are to the appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan
- Be responsible for the Quality Assurance and the overall integrity of the programme and specialist standards as appropriate
- Ensure that solutions are ready to be transitioned to the production environment, involving Technology Services throughout the programme to manage service design and the release of any changes into the production environment
- Ensure effective communication with all stakeholders to the programme
- 3rd Party Relationships: Responsible for managing and monitoring performance & relationship of 3rd party partners and suppliers supporting delivery of projects
- Maintain & monitor standards, controls, processes and solutions, to minimise business and IT risk
- Ensure full compliance with all Group, Legal and Regulatory requirements and standards
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum 15+years` experience at Senior Project/Programme Management experience
- Demonstrated delivery of multi-year, complex programmes of delivery encompassing all elements of change
- Leadership of large dispersed teams, partner organisations (both on and offshore) as well as the ability to manage teams working remotely
- Proven experience in developing and maintain relationships with senior managers, project teams and particularly third-party service providers.
- Certified PMP or equivalent.
- Experience of being able to articulate strategic requirements into appropriate and deliverable solutions
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience in the delivery of Technology projects including infrastructure programmes, preferably within the financial services industry.
- Exposure to capital markets in previous programme management role