If you enjoy working as part of a hardworking, dynamic, innovation focused team working with ground-breaking technologies in an exciting business domain, we have the perfect opportunity for you within the Digital Platforms Team!
The Digital Platforms Technology team designs, develops, implements and supports WI’s suite of web & mobile products and services. The Digital Platforms team focuses on delivering creative solutions that meet the needs of our customers. Our systems professionals thrive with an unrelenting dedication to innovation, which breeds a culture of continuous improvement and significant achievement. We see ourselves as a vital link to Fidelity’s customers. This is a dynamic group that is using ground-breaking technologies to create powerful tools and a best-in-class user experience for our customers using Java-based technologies. Our goal within Digital Platforms is to create a user experience that delights our customers, anticipates their needs and matches services or solutions to support effective decision making.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 8+ years' industry experience in a software engineering capacity with a focus in financial services applications
- Enjoyed working on an Agile development team in previous major projects
The Skills You Bring
- Extensive experience with Java, Spring, RESTful services, JUnit.
- Experience building responsive web applications.
- History of using Angular framework, NodeJS and NPM.
- Experience using apache Camel
- Experience using Git and other SCM platforms.
- Proficiency in CI/CD/DevOps tooling capabilities
- Experience with Maven, Artifactory.
- Strong underdstanding of responsive front-end frameworks
- Experience of CSS pre-processors and extension languages such as SASS or SCSS.
- Capability of code analysis and testing tools, such as Veracode, SOASTA, Sonar and JaCoCo.
- Strong knowledge of AWS / ECS / EKS
- Jest and Storybook desirable
The Value You Deliver
- Providing technical and team leadership in the UI, application and service tiers.
- Leading research into new technologies independently, working with the Architecture team to make judgment and recommendations for future releases.
- Translating business requirements into implementation processes by considering all alternatives and implementing the best strategy to ensure design meets performance, security, usability, and reliability and scalability requirements.
- Define and ensure compliance to standards and best practices for UI, application and service tier development including design patterns, release management, & source code control.
- Take ownership for ensuring key tasks in the software life cycle are completed.