MA Tech have partnered with a leading Irish bank to help them with a strategic hire. They are currently seeking a Principal Security Architect to work with the Head of Security Strategy & Architecture. In this role you will own, develop and mature the security architecture framework and ensure it is effectively embedded within the group’s change and delivery methods. This is truly a unique opportunity for a Senior Architect that wants to gain more autonomy and put their stamp on a modern security programme at an enterprise level. Candidates can be based anywhere in Ireland or the UK for this appointment.
- Own and lead the security architecture framework and ensure it operates optimally.
- Drive incremental maturity of associated processes and artefacts and implement ways to measure effectiveness.
- Take main responsibility for maturing the security architecture capability of the Group, and play a supporting role for maturing other key security domains
- Provide architectural leadership for Information Security across the architectural community within the Group
- Contribute to the creation of various target architectures and to the subsequent project planning and execution to achieve these targets
- Build and maintain required security patterns and a security reference architecture
- Lead the development and execution of architecture and engineering strategies to continuously improve our security posture as the threat landscape evolves
- Partner with business partners and technical teams to craft, integrate, test, and deploy security solutions.
- Provide thought leadership on Cyber and Cyber Risk, and contribute to the review and development of the cyber strategy
- 3rd level degree in a computing or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- SABSA SCF, TOGAF or other relevant architecture qualification.
- Network architecture, Cloud security architecture. Demonstrable experience in leading the Security Architecture & Design agenda in large organisations, preferably within the financial services industry.
- Demonstrable management experience and ability to lead technical teams.
- Proven competency in critical thinking and leadership.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with limited direction and change oriented where the individual actively defines process improvements, champions and inspires change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple competing priorities and executes accordingly.
- SANS or any other equivalent security certifications. Networking certifications (e.g. CCNA) would also be desirable but not essential.
- CRISC, CISM, CCSP, CCSK. AWS Certified Solutions Architect (or Azure equivalent) are desirable
- Application Security - architecture, development, secure coding practices. Experience with software development methodologies such as waterfall, Agile, DevSecOps. NIST CSF, IRAM2, Threat Modelling would be beneficial.
For more information, please contact Ian Donnelly on 015222908 or apply below: