Principal DevOps Engineer
MA Tech are working exclusively with an E-Commerce start-up looking to add a Principal DevOps Engineer to their fast growing team in Ireland.
This opportunity is in a start-up environment in a close-knit technically skilled team based in Dublin. You will provide technical leadership in managing the AWS environment, Kubernetes clusters and DevOps toolchain helping to define development standards, procedures and guidelines to improve the dev process over all.
Excellent salary and benefits are on offer including equity, medical, dental, vision, pension and unlimited PTO. Reach out to learn more about the influence you can have in this role and the career progression that lays ahead of you.
- Work with global engineering teams to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications
- Technical leadership in effectively managing AWS environment, Kubernetes cluster and DevOps toolchain
- Automate deployment of container applications/services in Kubernetes, system configurations and security settings
- Create and Manage CI / CD pipelines in Jenkins
- Write and maintain Terraform script for IaC
- Setup, maintain and tag AWS resources (RDS,Redshift,Elasticache,EC2, IAM)
- Setup Server Monitoring and APM (CloudWatch, Datadog)
- Build DevOps data flow architecture map
- Extensive experience in AWS or GCP
- Extensive experience in Jenkins
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Strong Experience in AWS services and management such as API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, EC2, IAM, S3, Security Group, VPC, etc
- Experience with Ansible and Terraform
- Python and R experience
- Strong experience in Dockerized environment
- Strong understanding of software architecture, Linux systems and relational databases
- Strong Shell scripting knowledge
- Kafka experience
- OO programming languages such as Java
- Experience with setting up and maintaining DW instances such as Redshift or Snowflake.
- Solid understanding of monitoring and alerting tools / services (Datadog)
- Experience supporting DevOps needs with Data Science & Engineering teams
- Jira ticketing system