MA Tech are currently working with a leading technology company looking to start a new team in Ireland by adding a Platform Software Engineer to join their team in Dublin on a fully remote basis.
This is a 12 month contract opportunity to join a greenfield team looking to develop a system to liberate data from RDBMS platforms in to a streaming architecture. You will have a heavy focus on automation in this role, you will work with emerging across multiple functional areas.
The ideal candidate will have a curiosity to implement and drive change. To see problems and work to understand why we're doing things in a certain way and how can we make, and do this better.
Get in touch to learn more.
- Develop systems to liberate data from RDBMS platforms into a streaming architecture.
- Work with automation and orchestration tools such as OpenShift, Jenkins, Ansible or other commercial PaaS offerings
- Continually monitor industry developments in Cloud infrastructure developments, tools and products used in the cloud delivery model
- Work with Software, Platform Engineering and Operations teams on the development and delivery of operational ready platforms
- Work with log aggregation tools like Splunk and ELK
- Design automated, resilient, scalable platform solutions.
- Participate in development of automated delivery work flows using cloud automation and orchestration tools, Unix shell scripting and other deployment tools
- Develop integrations between vendor tool APIs and automation frameworks
- Support, design and improve on monitoring, alerting and tooling efforts
- Maintain awareness of current technology assets, and the applicability and capability of each
- Ability and willingness to augment current expertise with new open source or targeted vendor technologies
- Undergraduate degree
- 2+ year in platform engineering
- 3+ years of Python or Java development
- Experience in full life cycle activities
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Technical Skills
- Experience working across fully automated stacks in a CI/CD ecosystem
- Agile DevOps delivery model experience
- Kafka, OpenShift, Java or Python development
- Experience with distributed data stores at scale
- Active in working with emerging technologies.
- Experience with Cassandra, Kafka, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience in agile environments (using tools like CA Agile Central)