Mason Alexander is working closely with a global fintech driving innovation in the industry. This client is looking for a Platform Monitoring Engineer with skillset focused on Linux engineering.
You will be a core member of a team responsible for the architecture and engineering of cloud and on-prem Linux platforms running the majority of the companies compute workloads.
Looking to speak with candidates with 2-3 years’ experience of Linux administration, monitoring tools, CI/CD and container tech (Docker, K8S).
- Be part of a team that manages an existing global enterprise monitoring platform.
- Manage new technology integrations into monitoring systems.
- Work with SMEs of various platforms to gather requirements and help delivery strategic solutions.
- Develop well defined processes for testing and integrating new technologies to meet both business and technical needs.
- Drive the elimination of operational tasks through automation and self-service.
- Drive efficient utilization of resources through metrics and reporting.
- Experience with monitoring tools (Prometheus, Cortex, Opsgenie, Datadog, ELK, Grafana, etc).
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible.
- Experience with Linux systems administration, networking, and security.
- Experience working Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, GitLab, etc
- Experience with BASH, Go, Python and/or Ruby is a big plus.