As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be both a key hands-on contributor and a technical leader within a growing team of talented software engineers.
You will be a collaborative self-starter that can take ownership and passionately drive results. You will help guide colleagues on the technical direction of the team and will support leadership in ensuring best in class agile and engineering practices are used. You will take the lead in solving technically complex problems and be comfortable providing guidance to the team and to other key stakeholders as appropriate. This role will involve managing and working with distributed, global teams with multiple stakeholders.
- Lead by example in delivering high-value, quality software through best in class DevOps practices.
- Provide technical and quality leadership for an agile engineering team.
- Ensure application availability and stability with dev-ops best practices for rapid problem triage and resolution.
- Continuously grow the maturity of the team’s agile and engineering practices to improve time, quality, and value to market
- Be on top of leading-edge technologies in the industry, evaluating emerging software technologies and evangelizing their adoption.
- Provide Technical leadership in building secure, scalable APIs.
- Review work performed by others and provide recommendations for improvement. Serve as a mentor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Software Engineering experience using Java or Python
- Experience with cloud utilities, on-prem, or public cloud
- Experience using modern software engineering practices such as Agile, Continuous Integration/Delivery and DevOps
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL Database Technologies, for example, SQL Server, Postgres or MongoDB
- Expert in Spring Boot or Python.
- Knowledge of building and maintaining large scale software solutions.
- Exposure to Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Familiarity with DevOps CI/CD.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and data processing with large datasets.
- Comfortable with automated testing frameworks.
- Familiar with performance frameworks like Gatling.
- Experience with processing and streaming technologies such as Kafka.
- Familiarity with Security patterns such as TLS and SSL.