MA Tech are recruiting a Lead Engineer (Security) for a rapidly growing tech firm based in the heart of Dublin city. In this role you will build security into their systems and processes from the ground up. You'll be working with Rust, Node.js, and AWS Nitro Enclaves.
- Be directly responsible for defining, owning, and executing production security roadmap, and championing security across all architectural and product decisions
- Regularly conduct security audits to determine our security risk tolerance, needs, and priorities — and develop strategies based on these determinations, translate those strategies into tactical plans, and execute those plans
- Establish an engineering process & culture across all layers of the engineering process which holds security as the first priority
- Prepare for security events by proactively running incident response simulations, using tools with automation to increase our speed for detection, investigation, and recovery
- Automate security best practices to improve our ability to securely scale more rapidly and cost-effectively
- Create secure architectures, including the implementation of controls that are defined and managed as code, i.e. Terraforming
- Enhance existing, and introduce new, observability & traceability mechanisms to monitor, alert, and audit actions and changes to our environment in real time, including the integrate log and metric collection with systems to automatically investigate and take action
- Be heavily involved in developing compliance processes, and help get compliant to the highest information security standards (including SOC 2, ISO 27001, and PCI DSS) — including managing independent penetration tests
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Expert knowledge of security threats, deep hands-on experience detecting & defending from cyberattacks, and experience using big data analytics and orchestration to address security challenges
- Exceptional engineering skills in a common development language (e.g. Rust, C, C++)
- Expert in security, with deep knowledge across all security specialities
- You are a security evangelist who believes that every engineer is a security engineer
- You want to be heavily involved in building a dedicated security team, and mentoring engineers who may not be trained in security
- The core challenge for this position is simple: How do you design and build systems & processes when security is the primary concern for developers.
For more information, please contact Ian Donnelly on 015222908 or apply below: