MA Tech are working closely with the a customer of ours who are global leader in the fintech sector looking to add an IT Support Engineer to their team.
You will report directly to the IT Manager as a member of an experienced team involved in managing the demanding IT needs a multinational technology company. Your primary goal with the proactive administration of the helpdesk.
I am looking to speak to confident, customer centric professionals looking to work in a collaborative, upbeat team. You will have a healthy mix of technical and personal skills.
Get in touch to learn more about this role and company !
- Take ownership of the IT helpdesk and provide the world-class support the company needs.
- Ensure all IT equipment complies with industry standards
- Assist with routine security checks and undertake preventative measures to maintain network security
- Manage email, anti-spam and virus protection
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Monitor network usage
- Maintain and update internal IT information and documentation
- Assist with the installation, support and maintenance of new server hardware and server infrastructure
- Liaise with hardware/software vendors
- Analyse and resolve faults – from system crashes to forgotten passwords
- Passionate about Customer Service
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures efficiently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to correctly and assertively prioritise work, handle a range of different concurrent issues and handle user enquiries efficiently
- Personal Initiative to solve problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a team and take responsibility for individual goals set
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Windows OS, Exchange Server, SQL Server
- Basic knowledge of IT security, networking protocols (TCP/IP), software and hardware devices, firewall and VPN configuration, remote access, backups, content filtering, malware and virus protection
- Some experience of Linux systems, databases and firewalls would be a definite advantage