MA Tech are exclusively recruiting an IT Risk Lead to join a global fintech based in the heart of Dublin city.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the CRO of a MiFID organisation to help mitigate risks arising from internal processes, people, and systems. You will investigate the IT infrastructure and systems the organisation deploys in the course of its operations.
This position requires a knowledgeable risk management professional with extensive experience of managing IT risk in a financial services context. Key skills and experience include business continuity, IT, information security, Data, and model risks ideally in a fast paced financial institution.
Characteristics of a successful candidate include holding credentials in finance and risk, strategic thinking capability, experience with regulatory interactions, and keen analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- Responsible for the completion of the Business Unit Risk Assessments.
- Develop Risk Mitigation Action Plans.
- Carry out detailed walkthroughs and process mapping to identify significant risks and controls
- Undertake the maintenance of the Risk Management Register
- Report key risk and control indicators of department/business unit
- Oversee the IT risk incident management process to guarantee that timeliness, integrity, and quality control are maintained
- Implement appropriate oversight processes for 3rd party and intragroup outsourcing arrangements.
- Ensure appropriate review of the financial impact of IT risk incidents and root cause and business impact analysis
- Identify, measure monitor and report the level of, and mitigation efforts around the firm’s operational risks, with a focus on fraud, information technology, information security and privacy, and model risks.
- Oversee the consistent implementation of investment policies and procedures
- Monitor, review, and communicate the impact to the risk profile of future initiatives, including new product assessments, changes to trading strategies, targeted risk reviews, and major business changes
- Prepare for and/or participate in discussions with regulatory authorities (CBI)
- 5 years IT Risk experience in a Financial services environment.
- Recognised Qualification in risk management or equivalent qualification.
- A Quantitative primary degree is desirable(e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematical Finance or Economics).
- Strong technology experience and understanding of IT and Cyber Risk: sql (desirable).
If you you would like to know more information, please contact Ian Donnelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below: