KKR Private Credit
Job Description – Structured Credit / Asset-Backed Finance role
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (“KKR”) is looking to hire analysts in its growing Private Credit business in Dublin.
KKR is one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms with a 40+ year track record of investment excellence, and now managing over $205bn globally across public and private markets.
KKR Credit has 120 professionals globally, focusing on investments across the corporate credit spectrum, Asset Backed Finance and alternative credit strategies.
Over the past 3 years, the Private Credit business has grown its Assets under Management from $10bn to $24bn, and is now invested in over 230 companies worldwide. The team has 50+ investment professionals responsible for the sourcing, origination and underwriting of new investment opportunities. Asset Backed Finance has been core to this growth, with strong portfolio performance and the roll out of new specialist & opportunity funds.
In 2016, KKR set up a team in Dublin to manage the trading performance of its global Private Credit portfolio. The Portfolio Monitoring Unit (PMU) is responsible for the analysis of portfolio company financial statements, financial modelling, valuation, corporate / financial structures and legal review. The team has since grown to 12 investment professionals, with direct responsibility for 180 portfolio companies in the US and Europe, operating across a wide range of sectors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ongoing proactive monitoring and reporting of the performance of the structured credit / asset-backed Finance portfolio
- Working closely with portfolio company management, or asset servicers, to confidently put in place strategies to maximise asset performance and returns
- Working with valuation companies to produce quarterly valuation reports
- Having a good understanding of the deal documentation in order to understand options, working with external counsel where necessary
- Financial modelling and sensitivity analysis
- Working with origination teams on refinancings and exit of positions in the portfolio
- Screening and approval of investment opportunities for portfolio lending platforms
- Presenting quarterly reviews to Investment Committee
- Where applicable, assisting with ‘Work-Out’ scenarios / Restructurings
The key attributes required from successful candidates are:
- Circa 2-6 years relevant experience – ideally in a broad based FIG/ABS/Securitisation/restructuring environment. xperience working with performing and non-performing portfolios, across consumer/corporate and secured/unsecured asset classes is useful, as is previous exposure to esoteric assets
- Strong academic background
- Ability to confidently form a view on an investment, take ownership of it and drive the implementation of any requisite actions
- Strong commercial awareness and a deep understanding of financial statements / modelling and structures
- Ability to review, understand and make fundamental transaction decisions based on underlying legal documentation
- Analytical and inquiring mindset, with a willingness to develop new skills
- Excellent report writing skills & strong communication and organisation skills
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to join a growing business at the cutting edge of International Capital Markets, with excellent opportunities for career progression. They can also expect to receive hands-on, intensive training, which will be supplemented by external training courses, in addition to Europe and US travel for training and to meet portfolio companies.
If this sounds like the role for you, please get in touch with James Lynch on +353-87-9361554 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
KKR is a destination of choice for top talent, and offers highly competitive remuneration and benefits packages. Working on a team here is a highly collaborative, dynamic and entrepreneurial experience. KKR also recognizes employee and community engagement as a critical component of long-term growth and success.
KKR will provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No employee will be discriminated against in hiring or employment because of race, colour, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, ancestry, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.