A global financial institution is seeking a talented and highly motivated Investment Analyst to join an experienced Investments team. Our client’s portfolio is ~$19bn in size, and consists primarily of multi-sector fixed income, with more modest allocations to private and public equity.
Reporting directly into the Managing Director in Investments, and working with an experienced and talented Investments team that manages ~30% of the portfolio internally, the role offers the opportunity to directly impact how the overall portfolio is positioned and also interact with some of the leading asset managers across the globe.
- To generate investment analysis to support relative value assessments across sectors, and contribute to decision making on portfolio allocation shifts.
- Support the development of quantitative fixed income analytical tools and asset allocation frameworks that will directly impact decision making and portfolio positioning.
- To generate commentary on macroeconomic developments and the preparation of formal and informal analysis on the investment portfolio.
- To assist in monitoring existing world class external investment managers and evaluating new managers for potential new mandates.
- Collaborate on evaluation of new investment strategies and sectors.
- To contribute to the preparation of periodic communication to the Board and Executive management on the investment portfolio.
- Other ad-hoc requests covering a broad range of investment topics.
- Degree or higher in business or finance with strong academic qualifications.
- Interest in completing the CFA qualification is desirable.
- Knowledge of fixed income market.
- Experience with programming languages would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, work in a team-orientated environment and unsupervised is essential.
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm.
- Industry experience of zero to three years.
For more information on this Investment Analyst role, contact Eoin Connolly on email@example.com.