Our client, a global investment management firm with over $36 billion in assets under management is seeking to hire a junior solicitor to its’ Dublin office.
Firm’s legal department is responsible for all firm-wide legal functions. The Legal Counsel will be responsible for the administration and management of the Irish regulated and unregulated funding platforms, as well as general corporate matters.
- Formation, structuring and maintenance of Irish incorporated s.110 special purpose vehicles (SPVs) and Irish Collective Asset Management Vehicles (ICAVs).
- Assisting with the preparation and listing of profit participating notes on the Irish and Cayman stock exchanges.
- Liaising with the Central Bank of Ireland in relation to various submissions required in connection with the establishing and management of ICAVs.
- Reviewing and drafting certain finance documents including intercompany loan agreements and revolving credit facilities.
- Assisting with the structuring of complex transactions from a legal, regulatory and tax perspective.
- Advising on compliance with Irish corporate governance requirements.
- General corporate counsel duties, including governance and operation of entities controlled by the Firm and corporate legal matters relating to the Dublin office.
- Reviewing and negotiating confidentiality agreements, vendor agreements, and other miscellaneous contracts.
- On a local scale, working closely with Dublin tax, accounting, asset management and operations and local legal counsel and the company secretary on a broad scope of issues primarily relating to distressed investment positions.
- On a global scale, working closely with legal teams in London, New York and Hong Kong in relation to the Irish funding platforms.
- In conjunction with the compliance team and local counsel, assisting in the development of regulatory compliance policies and procedures.
- Assisting in a variety of other day-to-day matters faced by in-house counsel to a growing, global business.
Key Requirements and Qualifications
- NQ – 2 years’ PQE Solicitor from a tier one funds practice.
- Have worked in a law firm, investment management or other corporate practice (e.g., capital markets, venture capital).
- Familiarity with Irish corporate governance requirements, s.110 vehicles and / or regulated funds or other investment vehicles.
- Strong understanding of Irish finance and company law.
- Real-time ability to interpret complex laws and regulations and apply them to the Firm's businesses.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and relationship-building skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects in a demanding environment.
For more information on this role, please contact Michael Minogue on 015222906 or email email@example.com