This role will be reporting to the Chief Risk Officer. The candidate will be responsible for helping the organization mitigate risks arising from internal processes, people, and systems. They will investigate the procedures/processes the organization undertakes in the course of its operations, and document these activities and identify appropriate controls and risk mitigants. They will be responsible for carrying out review and evaluating new processes or revised processes to ensure the appropriate risk management oversight and infrastructure exist to measure, monitor, and control such risks.
This position requires a knowledgeable risk management professional with extensive experience of managing operational risk in a financial services context. Key skills and experience include business continuity as well as managing fraud, IT, information security, and model risks in a financial institution. Candidates should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of appropriate tools, techniques and methodologies used to measure and report on risk.
Characteristics of a successful candidate include holding credentials in finance and risk, strategic thinking capability, experience with regulatory interactions, and keen analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- Responsible for the completion of the Business Unit Risk Assessments.
- Develop Risk Mitigation Action Plans.
- Carry out detailed walkthroughs and process mapping to identify significant risks and controls
- Undertake the maintenance of the Risk Management Register
- Report key risk and control indicators of department/business unit
- Oversee the operational risk incident management process to guarantee that timeliness, integrity, and quality control are maintained
- Implement appropriate oversight processes for 3rd party and intragroup outsourcing arrangements.
- Ensure appropriate review of the financial impact of operational incidents and root cause and business impact analysis
- Identify, measure monitor and report the level of, and mitigation efforts around the firm’s operational risks, with a focus on fraud, information technology, information security and privacy, and model risks.
- Oversee the consistent implementation of investment policies and procedures
- Monitor, review, and communicate the impact to the risk profile of future initiatives, including new product assessments, changes to trading strategies, targeted risk reviews, and major business changes
- Prepare for and/or participate in discussions with regulatory authorities (CBI)
- Coordinate discussions with applicable vendor relationships
- Work together with other organizational line of defense (i.e. Compliance, Internal Audit, etc.).
- Stay abreast of current industry standards
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge of systems and data to ensure optimal use of technology.
- 5 years Operational Risk experience in a Financial services environment.
- Recognised Qualification in risk management or equivalent qualification.
- A Quantitative primary degree is desirable(e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematical Finance or Economics).
- Strong technology experience and understanding of IT and Cyber Risk: sql (desirable).