This role will be reporting to the Chief Risk Officer. The candidate will be responsible for identifying and analysing the areas of potential risk threatening the assets, returns and earning capacity for success of the organisation. As a financial Risk Analyst, you'll be responsible for assessing risks to capital from credit, market and liquidity risks, as well as forecasting cost to the organisation.
This position requires a knowledgeable risk management professional with proficiency in managing capital, liquidity, market and credit risks in a financial institution. Characteristics of a successful candidate include holding credentials in finance and risk, strategic thinking capability, experience with regulatory interactions, and keen analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- Make recommendations to reduce or control risk, which may involve an insurance strategy
- Work with traders to calculate the risk associated with specific transactions
- Liaise with underwriters and insurers
- Prepare for and/or participate in discussions with regulatory authorities (CBI)
- Coordinate discussions with applicable vendor relationships
- Forecast and monitor market trends
- Consider proposed business decisions
- Analyze capital structure and adequacy against applicable regulatory capital ratios and requirements, including providing Risk input into ICAAP process.
- Assess liquidity and market risk levels by apply a risk-based approach to oversee risk taking activities
- Identify, measure monitor and report the level of, and mitigation efforts around the firm’s credit risk
- Conduct research to assess the severity of risk
- Conduct statistical analysis to evaluate risk, using software such as SPSS and SAS/STAT
- Review legal documents
- Present ideas via reports and presentations, outline findings and make recommendations for improvements
- Purchase insurance
- Carry out quantitative analysis
- Use financial packages and software, including portfolio management software
- Study government legislation, which may affect a company, and advise on compliance
- Protect the organisation's assets and public image
- Participate in development of business continuity and disaster contingency plans to deal with emergencies
Qualification & Skills
- 5 years Financial Risk experience.
- Recognised Qualification in risk management or equivalent qualification.
- A Quantitative primary degree is essential(e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematical Finance or Economics). Strong technology experience: sql (desirable)