Head of Data & Analytics
Location Dublin, Ireland
We are looking to hire a person to lead a Data & Analytics team and join a rapidly expanding global software company. This is a key position, reporting directly to the CFO, and is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to come in and build the data & analytics infrastructure that they've always wanted. The role is ideal for someone who is looking to take on an exciting, engaging challenge with plenty of scope to grow and advance their career in data, analytics & business intelligence.
You will lead the entire organization in developing business-oriented analytics tools that help iteration and quick learning, as well as embed fully within the organization, coaching and mentoring other team members on data best practices, and inform key business questions through robust exploratory analytics and modelling.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Define the data & analytics strategy and drive the execution of the plan to create a data-driven organisation
- Establish and embed data, analytics & business intelligence within the Finance & Operations function as a central resource for the entire organization, to enable increased automation of business and financial analysis
- Partner with product, development and go-to-market teams to help drive insights, identify opportunities, and understand behaviour and long-term trends
- Take a leading role in producing new datasets that unlock business opportunities
- Help in the design of operating metrics to aid strategic and functional decision-making, and manage the design and analysis of product & platform utilization
- Play a foundational role in building a data culture through reproducible work, improved processes, and better tooling
- Define and monitor key metrics through consistent tracking, KPIs, and dashboards with the goal of putting in a best in class BI system / tool to be leveraged by the whole company
- Develop and curate the organization’s data dictionary, aligning definitions of data labels across the business
- Hire, manage, and grow a team of data analysts and help them reach their full potential
- 5+ years in a data /analytics position at a data-intensive company (or equivalent experience) with at least 2 of those in a leadership role
- Have demonstrated knowledge in all elements of a data & analytics setup, e.g. BI tools (eg Looker), ETL/ELT, Databases, Data Visualisation, Web Analytics
- Expert in at least one analytics language and proficient in SQL
- Strong commercial acumen and able to facilitate cross-functional collaboration to drive actionable and measurable results
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to adapt quickly to the evolving needs of a high-growth technology business and create pragmatic and innovative solutions to complex business problems.
- Understanding of SaaS and the key metrics and performance indicators
- The ability to prioritize to meet business needs and experience with an early-stage analytics team within an early stage high growth or scale-up environment
- Able to look beyond the immediate deliverable, find the real data problem, and solve for it
Nice to haves
- Experience analysing large data sets from across multiple sources (SQL, Hadoop, CSV, etc).
- Experience with other source ERP’s such as SFDC & Netsuite, as well as other HRIS and Financial Planning and Analysis systems
- Experience building charts and reports in data visualization tools for rich and interactive result presentation
To discuss this opportunity, please submit your resume in confidence to: J.Bowles@MasonAlexander.ie or contact James on 0871941090 for more information, thank you.