Based in Co. Wexford, our client is an innovative family business operating within the global licensed trade and FMCG market. Due to rapid growth in multiple new sectors, they are seeking a strong Group Accountant or Group Financial Controller to take ownership of the group's finance function. The person will report directly to the Managing Director and play a key role in strategic decision making. This is a great opportunity that could potentially lead to a CFO position at a really exciting time for the business.
- Take full responsibility for all activities of the finance function for all group companies, supporting the delivery of annual, medium, and long-term targets.
- Own the monthly and annual close process including the preparation of monthly management accounts, financial statements, all reconciliations, accruals, reserve calculations and intercompany transactions.
- Take ownership of the annual audit process.
- Partner with site management to provide financial analysis and ongoing support for decision making, and problem solving.
- Manage working capital. Liaise with accounts receivable and management of same. Liaise with accounts payable, oversee reconciliations to ensure correct group postings, ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Capital expenditure evaluation and control including provide financial input to capital projects. Attend site meetings during construction phases.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on financing of projects. Provide timely financial information for same.
- Manage company pricing structure and oversee monthly invoicing process.
- Attend meetings and provide financial input for commercial contracts. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders for completion of same. i.e. management, legal, customers.
- Provide daily timely payments for trading business. Liaise with sales director and trading assistants to ensure continuous timely flow of inventories.
- Management of inventories to ensure all trading stock is released in line with company policy.
- Fully Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA)
- Minimum 3+ years PQE in a busy environment (practice or industry)
- Have a commercial mindset and have an interest in the commercial side of the business
- Have a can-do attitude and the ability to take ownership
- Be a strong communicator