Mason Alexander are delighted to be working with an innovative and modern global asset management firm in the hiring of a Fund Accountant for its growing Dublin-based finance team. The company is experiencing an exciting period of growth in Ireland and this brand new full-time permanent position will see the successful individual play an important role in the reporting and analysis of a range of investment funds.
This is a permanent hire and will offer the candidate great opportunity for growth and development.
Salary: €35,000 - €40,000
Location: Dublin 2
- Generating, interpreting and reporting risk, performance and financial information to traders, portfolio managers and investors
- Preparation and review of risk and performance metrics to meet regulatory reporting requirements
- Reviewing NAV statements prepared by the fund administrators which includes reviewing detailed fee calculations, individual position valuations, reconciliations and accruals
- Monitoring and reconciling fund performance and exposures on a daily basis
- Management of daily & weekly processes of the fund, including working to resolve issues and managing the fund invoice payments process
- Key role in funds’ audits – working collaboratively with auditors and administrators, developing these relationships and ensuring annual tax filings are met
- Formulating and implementing automated solutions to meet reporting requirements
This role would be ideal for a fund accountant / fund administration candidate with 1 – 2 years’ working experience in a similar financial services environment.
- Degree-level education in a relevant field e.g., Numerical degree
- Part-Qualified accountant, or a desire to work towards this
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar fund accounting role
- Demonstrable basic understanding of financial instruments, including derivatives
- Strong analytical skills – the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information
- Strong general IT skills, particularly Excel competency
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey complex financial information to non-finance professionals
For further information on this Fund Accountant vacancy or any other financial services opportunities in Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Josh Craig in the strictest confidence on 015222930 or email@example.com
Follow Mason Alexander on LinkedIn for the latest jobs, industry news and expert career advice.