This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned Financial Controller within the property development sector who is ready to step into the role of Finance Director within a profitable and established real-estate investment firm.
The Finance Director will have overall responsibility for financial strategy, financial reporting, FP&A, interpretation and analysis of financial results and supporting commercial decision making.
Reporting to the company Directors and CFO, role will involve:
- Leadership and management of the finance function
- Financial Reporting - overall responsibility for the day to day running of the finance function and reporting for a large number of entities
- Management Reporting - annual budget, variance analysis on performance against budget, forecasting, setting and monitoring KPI’s
- Board reporting, and preparation and presentation of an insightful management reporting pack, with key insights, commentary and suggestions
- Strategic Planning - working closely with the Directors on annual strategic business planning
- Working Capital & Cashflow Management
- Acquisitions and site development - assisting with new acquisitions, due diligence, financial modelling and structuring
- Tax Compliance, Risk Management & Controls, management of external audit
- Funding - liaising with external debt providers, negotiating bank debt financing
- Systems – ensuring appropriate systems in place to support the growth and development
The successful candidate will have the following background:
- Qualified accountant with at least 7 years’ PQE, with current experience working within the property development sector, real-estate investment or construction sector
- Must be a development firm backed by institutional investors rather than HNW individuals
- Experience in negotiating and completing bank finance agreements
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience in finance transformation
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please apply per the link.