A fast growing key customer of mine and a leader in healthcare industry, based in Dublin City Centre, is seeking to hire an Engineering Manager who will help them with their journey into the cloud and improve the lives of millions.
You will have the opportunity to lead teams of software engineers, QA and other resources to build Big Data Pipelines, Data Marts and Analytical products on cloud and on-premise infrastructure. The position will require direct management of on-shore engineers as well as collaboration with off-shore engineering teams. The manager will also be required to provide any technology guidance to the members of the team and effective communication on product schedule and risks.
Modern technologies like Spring Boot, AWS EMR, AWS Glue, Spark/Scala, AWS Redshift, Elastic Search and Kubernetes is used to build the next generation of their products and infrastructure.
- Take complete ownership of the team and products. Lead team of software engineers, data engineers, and QA
- Work with product management to prioritize deliverables and manage sprints and releases
- Provide technical leadership in architecture and design for software development in the private/public cloud (AWS/Azure) and Big Data
- Coach and mentor engineers
- Collaborate with off-shore teams
- Ensure that right technology decisions are made which are in line with enterprise strategy
- Collaborate with other architects in organization to learn software best practices and share it with the team
- Ensure that good quality software is delivered by the team and take necessary proactive actions to reduce risks
- Ensure that all members in the teams stay happy and engaged
- Be hands on and be able to code if needed
- Technology experience in Java/.Net/Spark/Scala/RDBMS
- Experience in leading and managing agile delivery teams
- Strong organization and effective communication skills
- Broad knowledge and working experience with Spring Boot and relational database technologies
- Professional Software Development experience with standard agile practice, CI/CD
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with AI
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with Big Data
If you are interested in hearing more, please reach out to me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 6854414. Client is highly engaged to hire and will move fast as timelines have been agreed in advanced.