I'm currently working with an organisation who are a world leader in their industry.
They are currently on the lookout for a Director of Software Engineering for their AI department.
You will be tasked with taking ownership over all primary development activity across all the technology functions to ensure code is delivered with the highest quality across all applications and products. Within the role you will develop product roadmaps, understanding the customer requirements in the process.
Working with a cross functional team. of software engineers, Data Scientists, and AI Engineers you will coordinate the agile delivery processes to ensure they are efficient and effective. You will also
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (i.e. mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering, economics) or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated an ability to own and lead projects that deliver real business value (e.g., revenue generating &/or cost minimising)
- Experience managing multiple engineering teams and direct reports including leading management tier
- Hands-on experience with a focus on engineering maturity, CI/CD and delivering software into production within an agile environment
- Ability to work a portion of monthly work hours from the Dublin office
- MSc/PhD in mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering, statistics, economics or similar numerical degree
- Experience within AI/ML or Data Science space, including creating machine learning solutions to solve complex issues
- Demonstrable success within a data science environment focused on agile thinking and innovative solutions, delivering complex and challenging projects
- Experience applying computational algorithms, statistical and programming methods (using R &/or Python) to structured and unstructured data
- Practical experience in designing and building highly distributed, scalable systems/ solutions hosted within key major public and/ or Private cloud providers e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Proven past success in creating a ‘start up mentality’ to accelerate the introduction of new capabilities and transform teams