MA Tech have partnered with a leading Irish bank to assist them with hiring a DevOps Engineer to join their DevOps Centre of Excellence team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting existing teams to ensure they are enabled to continue to use their environments for building and testing their applications. You will identify areas of improvement within the team to prepare them for a more autonomous model where their dependency on existing teams for day to day activities is minimised.
You will develop new automated processes and tools with the DCOE and using your skills and experience, will ensure their requirements are met, and they have a clear migration path to our new infrastructure.
- Work with the DCOE to deliver key technical solutions for the Bank in a way that is easily consumable by our development teams
- Have a solid grasp of the environments currently in use among the development teams and provide support to them in their day to day usage.
- Understand Infrastructure as Code principles (IaC) and are comfortable developing code to deliver working products (environment + applications + configuration)
- Use your skills and experience to improve our IaC components (Terraform/ Ansible) continually and ensure detailed testing
- Work closely with Security and IT Architects to ensure all solutions adhere to Bank policy and are accurately introduced
- Understand and influence how development teams are building and testing their software. Take best in practice guidelines and help them move to newer solutions that the DCOE is delivering
- Third level degree in an engineering based subject area.
- Experience using the Atlassian tool stack - Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket & Crucible
- Good skills in one of the main scripting languages such as python, perl, ruby and their test frameworks
- Strong development background in languages such as C, C#, Java, Golang and a good understanding of their test frameworks
- You have developed applications that have involved the delivery and consumption of API's
- Exposure to one or more cloud providers (AWS/ Azure/ GCP) and comfortable with how to provision infrastructure using the portal UI
- Awareness of tools like Ansible/ Puppet/ Chef and what they do
- Experience in Terraform code and would be comfortable in how it is executed and debugged
- Exposure to Docker and orchestration environments such as Kubernetes/ OpenShift
- A demonstrated ability in either a software development role where you have some exposure to releasing applications into a production environment or an operational facing role where you've had to deploy and support production type workloads
For more information, please contact Ian Donnelly on 01 5222908 or apply below: