Mason Alexander are exclusively recruiting a Database Administrator to join a leading communications company based in the heart of Dublin city. In this role, you will be involved in the maintenance and improvement of database infrastructure for the growing needs of the organisation, and in the software release cycles. You will contribute towards the analysis of infrastructure performance, perform incident assessments, and analyse usage. Provide performance metrics, inform stakeholders to risks, and provide options for maximising availability.
- Audit existing PostgreSQL Database configuration and setup
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Own the database schema and advise on updates for the production and pre-production PostgreSQL Database clusters
- Be aware of planned database maintenance and actively participate in the software development life cycle
- Implement, with collaboration of the software development teams, a robust data maintenance, version control, and release procedures
- Participate in the disaster recovery assessment and participate in the implementation of automated procedures
- Propose and implement improvements of the database setup, data organisation and query optimization
- Cover Data Centre on-site operations when needed.
- Participate in the triage and incident management of incidents effecting database infrastructure
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related areas
- 4-5 years of relevant experience within a similar role.
- Expert in PostgreSQL Database administration
- Expert in SQL
- Experience with Linux Administration
- Experience with PGPool
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please contact me Ian Donnelly on email@example.com or apply below: