MA Tech are working closely with a Director of Analytics in search of a Data Scientist to join a greenfield build. This role is offered on an initial fully remote contract basis.
This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining machine learning and predictive modelling algorithms as part of an Advanced Analytics team.
Key experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence working on AWS based technologies will see this person building partnerships, co-developing products, sharing knowledge as well as providing insights and valuable predictive information.
- Leverage cloud technologies to deploy and operationalize machine learning projects.
- Use best practices to develop statistical and machine learning techniques to build bespoke models.
- Build and maintain descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive models to streamline existing processes and identify market opportunities.
- Assemble and derive value from large, multi-dimensional datasets that meet functional/non- functional business requirements.
- Integrate and curate data from a wide range of internal and external sources to develop detailed reports and datasets for predictive modeling.
- Use data visualization tools to explain your results simply and succinctly to technical, non- technical, and senior audiences.
- Solve complex business problems using analytical and quantitative approaches to identify patterns and correlations in large, complex datasets.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in a data science role.
- Minimum 2 years of intensive experience with cloud-based Big Data, BI, ML and Analytics technologies, preferably AWS.
- Strong expertise with Big Data tools such as Databricks/Spark.
- Experience with event driven architectures and implementing analytics on data streams utilising pub/sub technologies such as Kafka and Kinesis.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python, R, Scala etc.
- Experience with statistical analysis, statistical modelling, and machine learning techniques.
- Experience with operationalising Machine Learning.
- Experience with Data Visualisation tools such as Tableau.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Agile/Scrum experience.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.