A well known global fintech company based in Dublin City Centre and a key customer of mine is seeking to hire a Data Lead to join and lead a high performing team of data engineers delivering world class backend software solutions. This is an excellent opportunity for a flexible individual with an energetic and enthusiastic approach who wishes to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment.
- Guide planning, design and development of backend software services across platforms.
- Work closely with product management, architecture and other engineering teams to define product vision.
- Ensure agile delivery squads have what they need to deliver solutions effectively and efficiently.
- Act as a catalyst for a culture of innovation and agile development best practices. Collaborate with architecture, other leads and team members to develop and implement standards across the teams.
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports by coaching, mentoring and motivating them for optimal performance and career development.
- Manage performance of direct reports and provide appropriate feedback based on objective evaluations, including development plans and performance reviews.
- Effectively communicate with senior management.
- Embrace the culture and consistently demonstrate it in day to day activities.
- Experience in leading high performing software development teams.
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft BI stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS ,SSRS.)
- Effective leadership and collaboration inside and beyond the team.
- Experience in Financial Services/Asset Management/Investments
- The ability to influence diverse and senior stakeholders effectively.
- Recruitment, management and mentoring experience.
- Extensive experience designing and developing high quality backend software solutions in a fast-changing environment.
- Expertise in mainstream development frameworks.
- Expertise with mainstream development and deployment tool chains.
- Expertise in test driven development and broader testing and QA concerns.
- Passion and ability to deliver on commitments and drive products and systems to success
- Clear communication and good interpersonal skills
If you are interested in hearing more, please reach out to me on email@example.com or 01 6854414. Client is highly engaged to hire and will move fast as timelines have been agreed in advanced.