Data & BI Engineer
You will be joining a team comprised of multiple disciplines including software engineering, data and BI engineering, quantitative modelling, quality assurance amongst others. Data and BI engineers specifically work in teams to produce data and analytics solutions primarily in the form of code that implements the requirements and capabilities identified and prioritised by the business.
The Data & BI Engineer role is an intermediate level development position with some responsibilities for technical leadership.
· Design and develop data and BI solutions, automated tests, documentation, and related processes to meet and exceed the requirements of stakeholders.
· Lead the technical design efforts for Data and BI subcomponents of the overall technical solution.
· Propose, explore and work to integrate tools and supporting technologies to advance the architecture and design of the technical solutions supported by the squad.
· Produce code in line with the established engineering standards.
· Estimate development effort for the specific tasks to which they are assigned and engage in the estimation for the wider technical solution being developed by the squad.
· Meet or exceed the quality, reliability, resilience, scalability and stability goals of their assigned work.
· Progress the quality, reliability, resilience, scalability, and stability of existing technical solutions supported by the squad.
· Collaborate closely with other squad members to support the effort to meet the squad’s goals.
· Mentor and coach junior members of the squad in the technical and business domains. Work to advance the technical and design skills of the team
· A degree level education in a relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience.
· A proven track record of working with technical teams using a similar technology stack, or from a comparable business domain is required.
· A proven ability for design with a detailed understanding of industry standards and norms across data and BI, including but not limited to ETL, data & dimensional modelling, and reporting and visualization. Experience of large-scale solution design and architecture is preferred.
· A working knowledge of design standards and supporting design and architecture artefacts that are used to communicate those designs is required.
· A comprehensive knowledge of the development technologies used by the squad is required. A working knowledge of other technologies used within the portfolio is preferred.
· A working knowledge of at least one cloud platform such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure is preferred.