Data Warehouse and BI Engineer Contract
Mason Alexander are working closer with a leading fintech in their search for an experienced Data & BI Consultant to join their team.
You will focus on the analytics platforms utilising some of the most sophisticated models in the industry with one of the best teams in the market right now. If you thrive in a dynamic, technologically superior environment where individual autonomy, responsibility and drive are recognised and supported this is the role for you.
Get in touch to learn more.
- Design and developing data solutions using our existing tech stack which includes SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS & Power BI to name a few, to best serve the business.
- Propose, explore and work to integrate tools and supporting technologies to advance the architecture and design of the technical solutions supported by the team.
- Produce code in line with the established engineering standards.
- Estimate development effort for the specific tasks to which they are assigned and engage in the estimation for the wider technical solution being developed by the squad.
- Meet or exceed the quality, reliability, resilience, scalability and stability goals
- Progress the quality, reliability, resilience, scalability, and stability of existing technical solutions
- Mentor and coach junior members of the squad in the technical and business domains. Work to advance the technical and design skills of the squad.
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016 database design/development experience (T-SQL)
- Data warehousing experience
- ETL skills through T-SQL (including dynamic SQL) and/or SSIS
- Experience with SSAS
- Excellent analytic, communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid documentation skills
- A high level of self-motivation and capable of working on own initiative.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline.
- SSRS/Power BI/Tableau experience.
- Insurance/Reinsurance knowledge.
- Scripting and automation experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the full project lifecycle.
- Experience with advanced analytics MDX & DAX through SSAS
- Experience with financial data (GL - General Ledger) and financial systems (D365 - Dynamics 365).
- Experience with end-to-end reinsurance solutions supporting the assumed and retrocession administration needs (example SICS).
- Experience with data virtualization (Dremio).