MA Tech are working exclusively with a customer in the B2B technology sector based in South Dublin looking for a Data Analyst on a day rate contract.
If you are a Data Analyst with strong SQL skills with a good knowledge of R, prior experience in financial transformation would be good but is not essential. This is a fast paced and technically interesting role and the customer is looking to move very fast for the right candidate with top day rates on offer.
You will have the opportunity to work on company wide Data projects and actively participate in working groups with key stakeholders throughout the business.
If you are looking for the next opportunity with a global brand working on state of the art platform and are in a position to move quickly this is the right role for you.
- Someone who ideally has previous experience in working with a Finance function (particularly Finance Functions undertaking data related projects) would be beneficial but not essential
- Data analyst with strong SQL– we have a Snowflake warehouse where all the data you’ll need for models is ETL’d daily.
- Someone who has competent R skills (others like Python would be beneficial) to understand/update existing models
- Responsible for owning the dataset, associated SQL scripts and R models
- Responsible for the accurate completion of models used for the Company plan and quarterly forecasts through SQL and R
- Support the FP&A analysts with production of the annual planning process, 3-year plans, quarterly forecasts and monthly/quarterly reports by providing access to different datasets through SQL and R
- Be a member of the Data project working group; actively contributing to the successful completion of the overall project by ensuring commercial finance data requirements are captured as part of Dataproject
- Contribute to the implementation of EPM/BI tool by working with selected vendors implementation team to assist them in understanding SQL scripts and other models to ensure they are reflected correctly in new EPM/BI tool and performing the necessary UAT
- Assist with the transition of any processes from FP&A to wider business teams (e.g. Data Science) by explaining how the SQL and/or R models which are being transitioned function
- Drive continual process improvements leveraging best practices, standardization, and automation to scale the business
- Effectively communicating outputs of the above tasks to the Head of FP&A and the wider business in a concise manner that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
Knowledge and Experience:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant quantitative field, or 3+ years’ experience in a relevant role
- Demonstrated skills in modelling, algorithms, stats and machine learning workflows
- Ability to communicate with colleagues in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Familiarity with relational (SQL) databases
- Ability to create compelling visualisations and dashboards (Superset and Tableau primarily – for legacy reasons - but of course open to others)
- A passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Curious nature and natural desire to go beneath the surface of a problem - enjoy diving deep
- Ability to create examples, visualisations, dashboards and/or prototypes to help get the work used by stakeholders
- Accuracy and attention to detail as this information is used to inform business decisions and influence strategy