Commercial Legal Counsel
Our client is one of the world’s leading digital mental health company’s and are seeking someone to join their Dublin office. The role will report into the wider global legal team.
- Translate the business needs of their internal teams, customer and partners into the appropriate contracting body and contract vehicle and enabling their desired business/organisational objective(s) while protecting the Company’s intellectual property and mitigating legal risk.
- Draft, negotiate and be the point person for all commercial transactions with customers/partners outside of the US (primarily in the UK, Ireland and EMEA but also in Israel, Australia and other geographies where they do business), in support of our sales and business teams and in line with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and business requirements.
- Review customer tender documents for commercial conditions, legal requirements, quality parameters and financial issues.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams – including Commercial, Finance, Revenue Operations, People, Clinical Operations, Product and Compliance (DPO & IS team) – building and maintaining strong relationships with all key stakeholders in order to ensure that their needs and commitments are correctly reflected in all commercial documents.
- Track and review key metrics via their contract lifecycle management software to ensure success through the business contracting cycle.
- Work with their legal and privacy teams to evaluate, research and manage privacy issues involved in selling products and services in EMEA and globally
- Undertake research and analysis of legal issues involved with selling and procuring products internationally. Evaluate necessity for external legal advice and manage external counsel on complex or high-value legal issues.
- Monitor compliance obligations, including compliance with industry regulations, competition, anti-bribery and data protection law, customer due diligence and international trade sanctions regimes in the UK, Ireland and other non-US geographies where they provide products and services
- Keep up to date on legal developments affecting the business and provide training to the business on legal issues.
- Solicitor 2-6 yrs PQE, coming from a large commercial law firm or with In-house experience (preferred)
- Experience working with commercial contracts is essential
- Strong desire to work in the MedTech space
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks in a highly regulated environment – data privacy, security, and delivery, particularly in the digital health sector, medical devices and all levels of the healthcare IT.
- Ability to independently research legal and commercial issues and make decisions based on accurate analysis.
- Ability to grasp commercial models, related pricing processes, systems and controls.