MA Tech have partnered with a rapidly growing Fintech based in south Limerick.They are seeking an Cloud Operations Engineer to join the global team. This is a fully remote role and candidates can be based anywhere in Ireland.
In this role you will ensure that the overall service (including people/processes/tools/infrastructure) is available, and meeting agreed service level requirement covering various offerings.
- Mentoring of Cloud Operations Analyst
- Ensure that the customer and operational support environments are sized appropriately (including both increasing resources as needed and also reducing resources when not in use)
- Manage appropriate incidents (and problems) through to resolution, referring and escalating to other resolver groups as required
- Support plans relating to security incidents (including testing), initiating actions when flagged, ensuring liaison with other parties (internal and external) as necessary
- Execute plans for DR/BC as required (including periodic testing)
- Maintain operational run book, taking input from other teams as required
- Build new customer environments and on-board clients (liaising with client-facing teams)
- Acceptance of new code (&c) from Development/Product/DevOps teams
- Deliver changes to operational environments (within framework of release and change management processes)
- Ensure support for culture of continuous improvement, including identifying areas for potential improved automation and feeding back to relevant teams.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or similar qualification
- At least 3-4 years in a technical support environment for a managed infrastructure or cloud-based solution provider operating within the regulated financial community
- Strong knowledge of public cloud architecture (preferably AWS)
- Oracle autonomous database would be an advantage
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, with an ability to communicate in non-technical terms to non- technical people
- Excellent experience of working in distributed teams across multiple time-zones and different jurisdictions
- Good understanding of financial regulatory reporting practices (ControllerView an added benefit)
- Hands-on experience with tools managing the cloud environment including - Jenkins, Datadog, AWS cloudwatch, logz.io, sysadmin skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a familiarity with problem solving, an attention to detail and quality and a desire for improvement
- Good awareness of security and confidentiality issues and experience of identifying security vulnerabilities
For more information, please contact Ian Donnelly at email@example.com