I am recruiting for a Fintech based in south Limerick. The company is an industry leader in providing enterprise- wide data and risk management solutions for our clients all around the world.
They are seeking an Cloud Operations Engineer to join the growing team. In this role you will ensure that the overall service (including people/processes/tools/infrastructure) is available, and meeting agreed service level requirement covering various offerings.
- Mentoring of Cloud Operations Analyst
- Ensure that the customer and operational support environments are sized appropriately (including both increasing resources as needed and also reducing resources when not in use)
- Manage appropriate incidents (and problems) through to resolution, referring and escalating to other resolver groups as required
- Support plans relating to security incidents (including testing), initiating actions when flagged, ensuring liaison with other parties (internal and external) as necessary
- Execute plans for DR/BC as required (including periodic testing)
- Maintain operational run book, taking input from other teams as required
- Build new customer environments and on-board clients (liaising with client-facing teams)
- Acceptance of new code (&c) from Development/Product/DevOps teams
- Deliver changes to operational environments (within framework of release and change management processes)
- Ensure support for culture of continuous improvement, including identifying areas for potential improved automation and feeding back to relevant teams.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or similar qualification
- At least 3-4 years in a technical support environment for a managed infrastructure or cloud-based solution provider operating within the regulated financial community
- Strong knowledge of public cloud architecture (preferably AWS)
- Oracle autonomous database would be an advantage
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, with an ability to communicate in non-technical terms to non- technical people
- Excellent experience of working in distributed teams across multiple time-zones and different jurisdictions
- Good understanding of financial regulatory reporting practices (ControllerView an added benefit)
- Hands-on experience with tools managing the cloud environment including - Jenkins, Datadog, AWS cloudwatch, logz.io, sysadmin skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a familiarity with problem solving, an attention to detail and quality and a desire for improvement
- Good awareness of security and confidentiality issues and experience of identifying security vulnerabilities
For more information, please contact Ian Donnelly at email@example.com