Cloud Data & BI Engineer - Contract
MA Tech have been retained by a core customer to expand their engineering teams by adding a Cloud Data & BI Engineer on a contract basis.
You will be joining a highly skilled multidisciplinary team including software engineers, data and BI engineers, quantitative modelling and quality assurance professionals among others.
We are looking to speak to experienced data professionals for this high day rate contract with specific experience in AWS Redshift and Python to focus on automation of systems to the cloud.
· Design and develop data and BI solutions, automated tests, documentation, and related processes to meet and exceed the requirements of stakeholders.
· Lead the technical design efforts for Data and BI subcomponents of the overall technical solution.
· Propose, explore and work to integrate tools and supporting technologies to advance the architecture and design of the technical solutions supported by the squad.
· Produce code in line with the established engineering standards.
· Estimate development effort for the specific tasks to which they are assigned and engage in the estimation for the wider technical solution being developed by the squad.
· Meet or exceed the quality, reliability, resilience, scalability and stability goals of their assigned work.
· Progress the quality, reliability, resilience, scalability, and stability of existing technical solutions supported by the squad.
· Mentor and coach junior members of the squad in the technical and business domains. Work to advance the technical and design skills of the team
· A proven track record of working with technical teams using a similar technology stack i.e. Python, AWS, CI/CD tools, ETL technologies
· A proven ability for design with a detailed understanding of industry standards and norms across data and BI, including but not limited to ETL, data & dimensional modelling, and reporting and visualization. Experience of large-scale solution design and architecture is preferred.
· A working knowledge of design standards and supporting design and architecture artefacts that are used to communicate those designs is required.
· A comprehensive knowledge of the development technologies used by the squad is required. A working knowledge of other technologies used within the portfolio is preferred.
· A working knowledge of at least one cloud platform such as Amazon AWS