I am recruiting for a Business Systems Analyst for a global financial services company based in Galway. This role will be fully remote and the successful candidate can work remotely from anywhere in Ireland. There will be an expectation to be in Galway a few days a month post covid.
In this role, you will be part of a global team that has responsibility for the entire product lifecycle across the portfolio management applications and products supporting Asset Management Group. You will drive analysis efforts within the Equity PM Technology space by facilitating requirements review sessions, translating business requirements into specific systems requirements, and working within the technology organisation to deliver technology projects. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, excel in a team culture, possess strong working knowledge of equity products for portfolio management, and possess a solid understanding of the development process within a large enterprise environment.
- Define and manage the product backlog, including change control with the business and delivery teams
- Prepare detailed requirements documentation and specifications including use cases, context diagrams, business process flows, etc.
- Document and maintain progress of stories, iterations, and releases for our Agile projects through use of Agile project tools (prior knowledge of these tools is helpful but not required)
- Review/participate in defining test strategies, as well as coordinate user acceptance testing efforts
- Effectively communicate the progress of multiple projects to senior management and involved stakeholders on a regular basis
- Acquire and constantly increase industry subject matter expertise, understanding competitive positioning in the marketplace and industry initiatives in the area of equity.
- Work with other teams to evolve standards and best practices for technology processes
- Partner with Squad Leads, delivery teams and external teams to coordinate the complex and creative portfolio of work aimed at supporting our Equity Portfolio Management business partners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working experience with a majority in investment management
- Previous use of Agile or Scrum methodology
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, management, and investment professionals in an investment technology organisation
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, including facing off to senior leaders in the business and technology organisations
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to influence multiple teams in a matrix environment
- Ability to understand a complex systems environment and communicate technology direction appropriately to multiple audiences
- Thorough knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies; Agile preferred
- Record of success in projects of varying size and complexity
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities and simultaneous projects in a highly dynamic and results-oriented environment
For more information please contact Ian Donnelly on firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below: