MA Tech have partnered with a very rapidly growing Irish fintech to exclusively hire a Business Process Analyst to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for helping streamline internal processes and efficiencies while maintaining a high degree of quality, including managing the SOC and ISO 27001 internal processes to support the business existing and future growth. To ensure success as a process analyst, you should have detailed knowledge of business workflows, excellent communication skills, and a highly adaptable approach. Ultimately, a top-class process analyst can identify and develop process strategies that meet and exceed client and stakeholder expectations.
- Plan, execute, and control all phases of assigned projects. Manage project quality and risks through all phases of a project. Prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Contribute to and follow the process improvement methodology consisting of processes and
- procedures, tools and techniques, to consistently deliver effective and efficient process services
- throughout the enterprise in order to optimise benefits.
- Collaborate with all members of the team to identify and execute on projects. Gather system
- requirements from relevant stakeholders through effective use of meetings and interviews.
- Present recommendations, develop, prototype, and demonstrate solutions.
- Design, program, simulate and test automated processes in order to complete exact tasks.
- Develop in-house solutions, macro-based tools, and templates that address business needs.
- Develop/coordinate development of appropriate documentation for all phases of projects (control charts, flow charts, system diagrams, code comments, training materials, etc.).
- Serve as a liaison between functional teams to foster collaboration, gain support, and work towards attainment of organisational goals.
- Manage the SOC program, working with individual control owners to ensure all controls are designed to meet SOC qualification standards and audits, including gathering evidence from control owners for all audits required.
- Manage the ISO process for the organisation, ensuring policies are designed and followed to meet the continuous ISO qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Engineering, Process Improvement, Business Performance, Quality Assurance, Engineering.
- Around 4 plus years working with Service Organisation Control.
- Similar experience working with ISO 27001
- Previous experience in process improvement facilitation, including documenting business processes, controls, and models.
- Ability to lead projects in such a way as to promote teamwork, effective collaboration, and high levels of employee engagement.
- Experience with designing and managing SOC program.
- Experience with designing managing ISO 27001 quality program.
- Ability to manage projects and make decisions across multiple opportunities and/or priorities.
- Ability to network with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages.
- Working knowledge of major ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft) an advantage.
- Ability to apply professional concepts, experience and company objectives in order to perform an in-depth analysis of situations or data to resolve complex issues in creative ways.
For more information, please contact Ian Donnelly on 01 5222908 or apply below: