Our client, a global investment manager is seeking to hire onto their Asset Management team which supports their Investment team in managing the risks and operations of the Firm’s portfolio companies, loan portfolios and real estate assets with the goal of maximizing performance while reducing risks and costs.
The team has responsibility for the primary relationship management with our external asset managers and service providers. The role will work closely with other Asset Managers in the team and the Firm’s Investment team, Legal Transaction team and Back Office functions.
The position is ideal for candidates looking to work on a dynamic and growing portfolio of principal investments with a focus on practical day-to-day interaction with the management of the investments. In particular, this individual will work in the following areas:
Relationship and Risk Management
- Working closely with the Investment team to manage our service providers with the aim of maximizing the performance and value of the company’s portfolio of assets.
- Working with their Asset Manager who has responsibility for servicer risk management, to ensure appropriate due diligence and monitoring is carried out on service providers. This review covers asset maximization strategies and key controls over cash, IT and reporting.
- Cash management at the portfolio company including reporting of compliance with external financing covenants.
Asset management initiatives for the Investment team
- Working closely with the Investment team to assist in the development and execution of business plans and strategies for both debt and equity positions including monitoring of performance against the business plan.
- Developing and creating detailed reporting for the company’s Investment team and Back Office on the performance of the assets including progress against investment strategy and business plans. This will entail working with a wide range of external loan servicers and asset managers to ensure they produce the required reporting and oversight of the accuracy of such reporting.
- Driving the performance of the company’s external loan servicers and asset managers through regular interaction and designing and monitoring appropriate key performance indicators.
- Assisting the Investment team in deal closing and operational on-boarding in particular funding to close and on-boarding the deal in terms of appointment of servicers and reporting set up.
- Working with, and keeping oversight of, the company’s JV/operating partners, external property and asset managers and leasing and sales brokers. This will include review of lease initiatives and oversight of capital expenditures and coordination of investment / divestment strategies.
- Work with the company’s special loan servicers in the development of detailed business plans and then monitoring their progress against such plans.
- Identifying opportunities to improve returns on assets including revenue enhancing opportunities, cost reductions and benchmarking of costs at operating assets and portfolio companies.
The ideal candidate for this role is an individual with 5-10 years of relevant asset management experience in the private equity, banking, real estate, accountancy, and/or asset management industries. The candidate must be willing to engage in periodic travel.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills and a strong team player who will collaborate with ease with our Investment team, Back Office and external asset managers.
- A self-starter and problem solver who can take the initiative for projects and think strategically, but is situationally aware of when to consult and keep management informed.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, particularly a strong understanding of performance calculations including levered and unlevered IRR, NPV and a well-developed understanding of key investment performance drivers.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of asset management of real estate and other asset and loan portfolios. A strong operational risk and financial management / accounting background is required with experience of deal closings a positive.
- Experience working with third party service providers and/or companies to identify performance enhancing opportunities, including in relation to reporting, operations and assessment of the asset management/corporate control environment.
- A proven track record of hands-on asset and/or loan management experience across a variety of asset classes.
- Experience in the execution of complex acquisitions and on-boarding including deal close, set up of operational infrastructure and 100 day on-boarding plans. A good understanding of corporate structures and financing would be advantageous.
- A business, finance or legal background with knowledge of a range of investment products and an aptitude for analyzing financial statements and financial data is important.
In addition, candidate must have:
- BA/BSc degree with significant experience in asset management with a strong record of academic achievement. An accounting qualification would be beneficial;
- Management experience
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills to facilitate smooth communication and coordination across functional teams;
- Self-sufficient yet enjoys team work and working with different regions and functions;
- Proven ability to take ownership, prioritize tasks and manage time effectively;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; and
- Exceptional attention to detail.
For more information on this role please contact Michael Minogue at email@example.com or call 015222906.